Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What Diet books have you read?

Yup...I've read quite a few.
I hunt the bargin book section at Chapters trying to see what diet book is there. I've read everything from the Eat for your blood type to Oprah to Dr.Phil. All of them had something I could use, except a quick fix. Don't eat this, eat that, sweat, walk, move, Eat 1200 caloires a day. All of it I've tried to some extent but then it happens. I'm hurgry or bored and I eat. Where's that miracle diet I keep hearing about but it never shows up? Where is that Fix I need?

Isn't that what we all want "the quick fix" or a magic pill that will shed pounds and suck up loose skin and make us look like they do in magzines or at least the I used to when I was young. No straving, no exercise, just a pill to make you feel happy and thinner.

I'm the worse one to look in the mirror. There are days I feel I don't look to bad. I'm not fat, just out of shape. The I see myself in a picture or on video like at my daughters party a few weeks ago and say Who the HELL is that Fat lady. SHIT It's ME! In my head I'm still 130 lbs like I was on my wedding day. Now I wobble, you know the walk of someone that finds it hurts to walk? I don't stroll like I used to. My knees are beginning to tell me You've got to do something or your going to be in that line for Knee replacement surgery. YUP. ME. So how the hell am I supposed to exercise and get in shape if my knees are telling me "Woah Chickie that hurts! Not on my beat. "

Maybe I should get a oil can and start oiling up?

2 Comments:

Blogger Me, Not You said...

Try an elliptical or a gazelle. They are said to be easier on the ol' joints.

And stop eating Ben & Jerry's for breakfast... Oh wait, maybe that's me...

6:41 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

LMAO!

I will thanks for the tip.

I would love the Elliptical but we need space for it now.

Thanks for dropping by.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home